How does it work?
Upon purchasing a share of fruits and vegetables from our farm, we will deliver a box of produce to your home once a week for 14 weeks during the growing season (July to mid October). We will have 1 or 2 delivery day options, as well as a pick up day for those who would prefer to pick up their food box. If you are planning on taking a vacation, you will have the option to take one week off from delivery and we will deliver an additional box after the last scheduled week of standard deliveries.
What types of produce are in each weekly box?
Since the growing season in Saskatchewan varies each year, we cannot predict exactly what fruits and vegetables we will have available each week. Boxes will contain the produce that is ripe and ready to eat at that point in the season. One unique feature of eating locally/in-season is that as the summer progresses you become familiar with which vegetables are in their prime at different times throughout the season.
The variety of crops we will be growing this summer and their approximate harvest dates are listed on our Products page. There is always a chance that some items listed may be unavailable due to unforeseen events such as crop failure caused by pest pressure (we do not spray pesticides) or unpredicted frost events. If such an event occurs, we will add more of the other products that we have in abundance to your box to assure you get your money’s worth.
Types of Boxes
Choose the food box option that best suits the needs of you and your family. We offer a Standard Box, a Sampler Box (for those new to local food box programs), and a Double Box (double the contents of the Standard Box) for those who love to process/preserve/juice or have large families to feed. Below is a breakdown of what each box offers:
Sampler – Cost: $280 ($20/wk.)
- Ideal option for students, elderly, or single occupant households
- Example of a box in early July:
- Romaine lettuce (1/2 lb), broccoli micro greens (1 oz. container), 1/2 lb radishes (approx. 6), 1/4 lb green onions (approx. 4), 5 garlic scapes, small bag of dill
Standard – Cost: $420 ($30/wk.)
- Great for couples, or small families
- Example of a box in mid August:
- 4 med. cucumbers, 1 head cauliflower, 4 med. tomatoes, 2 lbs beets w/ tops (approx. 4), 2 lbs onions (approx. 4), 2 med. zucchini, small bag of sweet basil
Double – Cost: $700 ($50/wk.)
- Ideal for larger families or individuals who like to process/preserve/juice
- Example of a box in late September:
- potatoes (6 lbs), 6 med. tomatoes, 4 lbs onions (approx. 8), 2 butternut squash, 4 sweet peppers, 20 apples, 1 lb carrots (approx. 7)
A $5/wk. delivery fee has been included in the overall price of each option. If you would rather pick up your food box each week then this fee will be deducted.
Once you have signed up for your share, we will contact you to determine your method of payment. We accept cheque, cash or e-transfer. Payments are due by May 1st, so that we can secure your share for the 2017 season.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: This summer (2018) we will not be providing our weekly food box. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. We will still be growing some vegetables and will occasionally have produce for sale throughout the summer/fall. If you are interested in being contacted when extra produce is available, feel free to add your contact info to the form below. Thank you.